I would like to share some statistics about hardware development. The results can be applied to your projects too.
Facts from the project
- Schematic design (95h)
– 72h drawing the schematic
– 23h schematic checking
- PCB design (215h)
– 15h placement
– 50h connecting nets (excluding DDR3)
– 95h DDR3 design (routing (35h), length matching (50h), checking(10h))
– 20h Improving layout
– 35h Assembly drawings, stackup, 3D modeling, …
- The work around components – ordering information, availability, footprints, … (50h)
What’s your experience? Do you agree with these numbers? Leave a comment.